Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 13, 2009-7 year's ago today!

It was 7 years ago today that I got a phonecall from Duke. "Do you want some new lungs today?" I started crying and said "yes". I will never forget how I felt at that moment. I know exactly what I was doing and where I was and who I was with, much like 9/11. The emotions are never far away. The bittersweet envelopes my thoughts tonight. In another hospital not far away a family was saying good-bye to their 13-year-old son. I cry for them now and the tears never completely dry up. A joyous occasion? I celebrate life but at what expense? That of another, I live for him, I live because of him, God gave me a gift and I will not forget to be grateful, not for a moment, not for my lifetime. This is an ode to Bradley who gave his life for mine much like God gave his life for us. How do you say thank-you? I live my life right and savor every moment. I love to best of my ability and I never ever forget why I'm here. I will never forget all the people who prayed and supported me and who cared for me during my life but more importantly I will never forget Bradley who lives in me now. I hope he is as happy as I am and has all the peace and joy that I have in life today. My life is exactly the way I always imagined it would be, "perfect". Thank you Bradley and thank you God!

Peace & Love,

Amy

1 comment:

  1. What a touching post. Happy Transplant Anniversary Amy.. well, one day late. :)

    ReplyDelete